Friday, January 06, 2006

My new year's wish, plus Pimp My Nutcracker!

Sadly, the pimping of nutcrackers (hehheh, you said nutcracker) will come later.

This is not about a New Year's resolution. It's not that I don't believe in those things. In fact, the last one I can remember was resolving not to each red meat (excluding bacon, cos I mean, c'mon, it's bacon and I think God really wants us to have it). I was successful with that one for years. I only broke the resolution cos my relationship with a vegetarian was getting more serious. I mean, the thought of never having a proper burger in my own home is troubling, but the thought not having one EVER is sickening. So I do eat meat when I go out and have things like bacon and sausages, which I can cook individually, at home.

So resolutions are not pooh-pooh'd by moi, necessarily. Though I do hate them from January to March, cos everyone makes a resolution to lose weight. Great, but really, are ya gonna keep it? And it always messes up my workouts. I have a favourite hip-hop dance class that I've been going to since week 4 of moving to Edinburgh -- more than two years. It's run by this Spanish guy who, if you didn't know he had a girlfriend, you might think was gay. But I think all Americans (and British) think that a guy who can dance too well is gay. Dance horribly, he's a man's man. Dance adequately, musta gone to some liberal arts college. Dance good/well, metrosexual (and if you don't know that term, one word: wikipedia, cos I mean, c'mon people), but still straight. Dance very good, uh-uh. Anyway, all these NYR (New Year's Resolvers) come in and pack the class and make it very hard to have a good time. So, I guess in that way, I am against resolutions.

But again, this is not about resolutions, but about wishes, and here's mine: I could have some Aunt Jemima's Pancake Syrup. Truly! I just finished the last of what I had (lovingly purchase and carefully brought back from the US). No, they do not have anything like this fake maple syrup that I love so dearly across the pond. My amah says that you're not supposed to post liquids in the mail, so she won't send any to me. But I have this lovely pancake recipe (below) and it's so good with AJPS. Sigh...

Delish, homemade pancakes

(Not that Bisquick crap)

Whisk dry ingredients together. Beat eggs, then add other wet ingredients. Combine wet and dry. Cook as you would.

1.5 cups of flour
3 Tablespoons of sugar
1 Tablespoon of baking powder
0.25 teaspoon of salt
0.25 teaspoon of nutmeg (the key to this recipe)
2 eggs, room temperature
1.25 cups of milk
0.5 teaspoon of vanilla
3 Tablespoons of melted butter or margarine

(C'mon, you can convert decimals to fractions, right?)


And now, a big shout out to Mi

JA

for showing me that, in all my years of daring to hope, it IS possible to pimp nutcrackers. The relevant website is listed below. Go CA-razy people. I assure you, hilarity will ensue.

http://pimpmynutcracker.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home