Thursday, January 12, 2006

(Untitled)

Just a few ramblings, so no title. Part of the reason is that I've been feeling ill for the past two days with a tummy thing. I've been feeling nauseated (or is it nauseous? I can't ever remember which one is the proper one), with diarrhea and the ocassional headache. I've been eating sparsely, so maybe this will help me lose some of my Xmas weight. I've got more rolls than a bakery!

***

I've done very few illegal things in my life. I've never done drugs, unlike some in my family, and they will remain nameless (oh, c'mon everyone, you've got to know it's everyone in my family but me). I've been caught speeding a couple (read: several) times, but nothing big. I have this memory that I tried to lift something from High's when I was about eight, but I think that was my sister. Look, I'm a rule follower, scared to deviate. In some ways, that helps one that is abroad, cos when you're a rule follower, you shut up and watch others so that you don't break any rules (laws or culture norms). So here's me, the rule follower in Greggs this afternoon.

Greggs is the only place I can get the closest thing to a glazed donut. You can only buy it in Scotland; when I was in Leeds (which is in England; it's near where the Boy's family lives), it wasn't in the Greggs shop. They call it a Yum-Yum and its twisted instead of in a circle. And indeed it is yum-yum, though I do feel like a numptie when I ask for it. (I mean, is it "a yum-yum" or just "yum-yum"; I only seem to see people point to it, not naming it, probably for that exact reason.) The queue was huge as it was lunch time. The local high school had let their pupils out for lunch (and probably a bit of peace) and I saw two blatant shoplifting occurrances. And I was not the only one who saw it, but no one said a word. So, as a dutiful rule follower, I said nothing. That's the great thing about Britain, you can do whatever the hell you want and no one will say a thing. Mostly cos we're scared of being attacked. Good thing about UK: thugs don't have guns. Bad thing about UK: thugs have knives.

***

Downloaded 17 songs from iTunes and will probably listen to them every minute for the next four years. Used my Xmas money from Matth's dad (thanks, BTW). But could not download TI's "ASAP." I mean, that song was all over the place this summer when I was back in the States. Well, at least in North Carolina. Don't matter, cos it was hot. And they didn't have "Thuggish Ruggish Bone" on iTunes! (Feeling: incredulous) Am I the only person who remembers Bone Thugs-n-Harmony with fondness?

***

Big up to my hu'bands, my no. 1 reader!

1 Comments:

Blogger Zandra Towns said...

D_ _ _ girl, did you have to call out the ENTIRE family!! I swear can't trust your blood with nothin' these days.

Wednesday 18 January 2006 at 00:38:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home