Monday, February 06, 2006

Feelin' good -- a summary

It was a nicely quiet weekend and a good Monday, thank you for asking. Actually I have a list of things that I'm supposed to be doing for school (write parent letters, lesson plans), but I'm going to pretend they don't exist for now.

We saw two films this weekend. On Friday, it was Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story. It's a very British film and I'd be surprised if any of you will go to see it, let alone get some of the jokes. I sat there, slightly befuddled. Just as Matth and I were getting into the film, it ended. It's unlike anything I've seen -- it's a film-within-a-film-within-a-film that is based on a book. Whew.

Brokeback Mountain on Saturday -- truly the most heart-wrenching film I have ever seen. Actually, I was lying when I said above that I was feelin' good -- I have been melancholy since seeing that film. But it's really good and I recommend it, even if you'll be sobbing at the end. (I did have a cry later at home)

Have purchased way too many songs on iTunes, don't tell the Boy. But I couldn't help it. I was getting nostalgic for high school and downloaded a lot from the nineties -- a lot of singer-songwriter songs (i.e., Shawn Colvin's Sunny Came Home and Stay by Lisa Loeb) and New Jack Swing (BBD's Poison and Shai anyone?) And yes, I did download Color Me Badd's I Wanna Sex You Up. No, not any Milli Vanilli. Yet.

Saw the kick-off for the Super Bowl, then went to bed. It was 11.30 pm, can you blame me? Do you realise everyone else in the world calls it American football?

Oh, here's a picture from my second Burns' Night that I didn't share. Obviously, the men wore their kilts. If they are properly kitted out, then they will have a sporran (the woolly purse type thing that hangs from their waist) and a dagger kept in their sock. Thought you might be tickled by that. What a good excuse to carry a knife around: "I'm Scottish and it's part of my culture."



My lovely Boy got me a massage for Valentine's Day and I'm going for it on Wednesday. Obviously watch this space for details, as this is my first proper massage. I'm having a full body massage and then they are going to lay hot stones on pressure points. I can't wait. I had a particularly hard training session tonight (lunges, argh!) and tomorrow's training won't help. I'm going to lay back for 80 minutes and pretend I'm rich and posh, like Victoria Beckham, or sum'ink.

It's now much later from when I started this post and I still didn't do anything I was supposed to. Though I did do the night-time dog walk with a weary Boy tonight (late night at the lab). Don't I get points for that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home