Friday, March 31, 2006

Real, real skerd

Dude, seriously. Don't make me go to Yorkshire.

Every single time we go there, it is pissing it down. Every time. And what is the weather forecast for Saturday and Sunday in Leeds? Rain. Wait, what's the forecast in Ilkley, the Boy says. (It's where Fil lives and it's 20 miles from Leeds.) Rain, you patronising motherfucker.

Today, I went to TK Maxx for the express purpose of purchasing myself some waterproof trousers. It's only taken me like 20,000 times of trudging across the Yorkshire moors in the rain to figure this one out. And trust me, there are loads of walks they have planned for my unoutdoor-liking ass. I mean, it will be raining and they still will go for a walk. For hours!

Boy doesn't think I'm giving a good impression of Yorkshire. He wants me to publish a picture of Samantha on Ilkley Moor from Christmas -- "it doesn't always rain," he said, slightly huffily.

He is right. Lovely, isn't it?

It was raining.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget the wading boots (like fishermen use that go up to the waist like rubber coveralls) too. I remember you said they like to walk, like we like to eat.

Monday 3 April 2006 at 17:06:00 BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, at least you don't have tornados. right now we have a freaking tornado watch although it's hot and spring-sunny out there with droves of pollen covering everything with a thick yellow-green film. and still there are supposedly tornados lurking around the corner. they did tear through tennessee and kill people, so these ones are no joke.

Monday 3 April 2006 at 21:01:00 BST  
Blogger Autumn said...

Yes, but I will try to joke about it anyway. Here I go: some people are looking forward to the tornadoes, cos they haven't been on a trip in a long time.

Thursday 6 April 2006 at 17:23:00 BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home