Friday, June 16, 2006

Suddenly, everyone's a friend

Rather sheepishly, announced to the staff my new position today cos I didn't know how the lot would take it. It was completely bizarre. I have spent the whole of this year really disliking one of the teachers, really having to force myself to not punch her in the face at times. Well, the Bitch, as she was previously called in other entries (yes, I have moaned about her on more than one occasion), was the first to congratulate me. And she asked me loads of questions about the post -- surprisingly very interested. And these other people were really chatty with me -- I mean I spent the whole of the year never saying a word to them and never being entirely sure of their names. Good news is my colleagues were genuinely pleased for me. The bad news is that I'll be having to endure being the new girl again at a totally new place. Maybe it will take my new colleagues less than a year to warm to me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps the women were trying to protect their own jobs and saw you as an usurper of theirs. Now that you have one of your own and you won't be compared as an example, they're more receptive.

Monday 19 June 2006 at 15:25:00 BST  
Blogger Autumn said...

No... I wasn't really a usurper at all. There was no way for me to take their job. No, they were just snobby, and take a while to warm to people.

Monday 19 June 2006 at 18:17:00 BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home