Thursday, March 16, 2006

Oh, I don't know

Sorry about the short posts. Not that anyone's complaining in the deluge of comments. And not that you's give a toss, but I've been feeling pretty drained and wrecked. A bit... I don't know. I guess I'm feeling like everything I know isn't really making any sense.

The season is quickly coming to an end. One game this weekend and two next, and it's all over. I'm feeling funny about it. I'm pretty sure I won't be setting next year, which is all I ever wanted to do, even when I was in high school. So I'm just not sure what the future holds. Training on Monday and Tuesday has been really intense and mentally tiring, so it's made for a bad Wedensday and today.

I desperately need a holiday. I'm getting into the British way of thinking when it comes to these holidays. The British react as if Americans are heathens when I say standard holiday time is two weeks a year. And I know some people who don't even take that. Four to five weeks is the norm here, and they love their holidays. As the weather has been incredibly grim and cheer-sapping of late, I can see why.

I just want to be some place warm. Some place where I can regain my brownieness. A place where I don't have to wear woolly tights. And I have a week off in about three. However, travel companies and airlines have cottoned on that all British people feel similarly and outrageously hike up their prices when schools get out for Easter, Christmas, summer -- all school holidays. It's a king's ransome to leave this sun-forsaken, bloody island. The newspaper said that it was £89 return to go to Malta. V good price. But when I put in my available dates, it's shot up to £369.10. Yeh, I know it's like that in the States. But if you really wanted to, you could get in your car, take Greyhound, even get in a really expensive train to some place sunny. That is just a pipe dream here.

Looks like we're off to Yorkshire, which is a wee bit disappointing. It's not wholly disappointing, as we will see the Boy's lot. Boy's grandma is v cool -- the coolest old person I have ever known and we don't see her or talk to her enough. But I've been there a thousand times and weather-wise, it's grimmer than Edinburgh. (Can this be so? Aye, indeed it is.)

Well, at least it's not getting dark at 3.30 anymore.

5 Comments:

Blogger Zandra Towns said...

So Sorry your are feeling the Blahs. thats what Buill and I call them. "I'm having a Blah day, dear." But don't worry this to will pass. I'm glad my niece-dog is doing well. Give her a big sloppy kiss for me!

Friday 17 March 2006 at 02:24:00 GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need to speak with cousie ek about the german philosophy of holiday. it's a rather happy thing about that race of folks. they make americans look like u.g.r.s

Friday 17 March 2006 at 03:17:00 GMT  
Blogger Autumn said...

Mwah Samantha from Auntie!

Friday 17 March 2006 at 17:55:00 GMT  
Blogger Autumn said...

The British are v similar to Germans when it comes to holidays. But don't EVER tell a Brit they are similar to a German!

Friday 17 March 2006 at 17:56:00 GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been feeling a bit blahish meself. Usually we'd have gone somewhere in Feb, but didn't. Haven't been anywhere outside of Beaufort since Christmas. Getting bogged down with Beaufortitis--infected with marsh fever!!

Friday 17 March 2006 at 23:27:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home