Thursday, November 02, 2006

Here in the land of po'k

We have arrived after a 26-hour ordeal and are feeling surprising normal. Which means that we will be fucked on the way back home. Guaranteed. Och, well, I'm in paradise, so I'll somehow get over it.

In paradise, it's pissing it down. It's like I've never stepped foot off the British Isles. I'm back in Edinburgh, this time with palm trees, people dropping their Ts ("T'ank you for flying Nort'west."), and big cars. The cars are massive, can I say that? I'll just get this off my chest right now. Everything here is massive. Even the little place that my cousin (who we are staying with) stays in is massive.

The plane ride was pretty shite. When the hell did they get rid of the food on flights? They were hocking sandwiches for a fiver on our flight from Minneapolis to Honolulu. What is this, Ryanair? Tight buggers. And since when is Northwest known as NWA? I was crying with laughter each time they advised us to "book our next flight on nwa.com." Who'll be our pilot for that flight -- Dr Dre or Ice Cube?

Anyway, glad to be here and ready to eat massive amounts of pork (or po'k, as it is called). Ready for the adventure to begin.

2 Comments:

Blogger Manoa Missy said...

So sad that you arrived to a downpour...I guess it could have been an earthquake and power outage--both not part of our "paradise" notions, either.

Hope the rest of your trip here is sunny and drama-free--lots of awesome places to eat, though you will also have to pay for them ;)

Friday 3 November 2006 at 07:39:00 GMT  
Blogger Autumn said...

Hey Missy! Nice to hear from you again. Hope all's al'ight with you.

Tuesday 7 November 2006 at 21:11:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home