Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My pickiness is so embarrassing

Friend Roofer (aka, "The Party Planner", aka "The One Who Makes Things Happen") sends me this email today:

    hope this finds you in cracking form. soooooo everything is looking good for the party, do not panic! (Boy) is doing a grand job of organising everything in great detail. only thing is he can't remember the name of that cake shop you mentioned, can you let me know what it is purlease?

    cheers dude,
    Roofer

What in the world is Boy telling her? Fine, this is a well-established fact among the peeps that know Army Autumn -- the perfection-seeking missiles; my desire, like a four-star general, for precision and control. Until now, I've been able to hide that from Roofer.

Anyway, I write back, as normally as possible:

    I was thinking that he might be able to get something from Manna House. But that's not set in stone. Any nice cake shop would be good. Any kind of cake, but please no, no, NO nuts of any kind, as one of my closest friends has a severe nut allergy. And no raisins, sultanas, etc, as I just hate them. And not a chocolate cake, either. And nothing with a hard frosting, cos I don't like anything like that (that's not a very American thing). I like untraditional kinds of things. Maybe a pie. Or cupcakes. But otherwise, anything is good. Ha ha.

Could I BE a bigger control freak? I think the problem is is that I know too much. Boy is so concerned in vexing me with this party -- doing something that I will absolutely hate -- that he's running everything by me. Sort of defeats the purpose of a surprise party. I think that if it all just happened, then I would probably just get over it.

Except for the cake. The cake better damn well be right.

4 Comments:

Blogger hadashi said...

OMG. from one control freak to another, stop it.
you can soothe your frekishness by planning a thumping party for Christmas, okay?
and can i use "numptie" on a regular basis even if i'm not Scottish? please?

Thursday 12 October 2006 at 13:20:00 BST  
Blogger Autumn said...

I am really trying to let go. I'll channel all this control into Thanksgiving.

And please, use numptie. Spread its usage. The Scottish have very good words to describe clueless people. I like 'tube' as well.

Thursday 12 October 2006 at 19:10:00 BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's a "tube"?

P.S. It's hard to pull a surprise party if the person being surprised is soooo pickyoon. Let it go and enjoy whatever happens or next time plan your own party (like I did for my 50).

Tuesday 17 October 2006 at 23:13:00 BST  
Blogger Autumn said...

'Tube' means idiot. Like, "He's a total tube." Good word.

I didn't want to have a surprise party. It was all Boy's idea. I begged him to let me plan it, but he wouldn't hear of it!

Wednesday 18 October 2006 at 08:48:00 BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home