Wednesday, June 06, 2007

If I can't see it...

At one point, my uni room-mate had a hair-do that looked as if some had attached one of those fans geishas carry. Though adventurous, on a good day the best description would have been "absurd". When I pointed out that the style created an unfortunate bald spot, Renaye replied, to my disbelief, "If I can't see it, it don't exist."

Well, today, I'm a believer. A variety of factors -- the warm weather, losing a few pounds, not really having much more to wear -- has led me to pull outand wear my city shorts. A staple of summer 2006, wearing last season isn't necessarily my huge crime. What it is is that I have not shaved my legs. I insist to myself that no-one notices the stubble. But then why did my 6-year-old pupil, Steed, continually rub his leg against mine today during our lesson?

3 Comments:

Blogger Zandra Towns said...

I don't shave my legs for months at a time, especially during the winter.

Thursday 7 June 2007 at 12:41:00 BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't shaved since I married. Husband didn't care. I have since plucked some whenever I'm thinking to, but not religiously. Don't care if folks think otherwise, after all the hair was there before and will be there again.

Thursday 7 June 2007 at 19:08:00 BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hairy arms are okay, hairy legs not so good.

Tuesday 12 June 2007 at 20:25:00 BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home