Sunday, March 19, 2006

Ageing disgracefully



How sad. I don't mean the film.

Sharon Stone is, what, about 46, 47, right? And I'm pretty sure she's not ashamed of her age. It's not a secret that she's no spring chicken. But then, what's the deal with this?



No wrinkles or crow's feet? C'mon. It's like someone took a rubber to her face. Ridiculous.

But I'm gonna take a page from Shazzer's book. I am going to age disgracefully. I have been thinking a lot about my 30th (October 22nd -- and I am looking for prezzies). I'm pretty sure I want a ceilidh and a blow-out. I want a big deal.

I was talking to a friend is also turning 30 this year. It does seem weird. Who sees themselves at this age? But silently we have worked our way up here. So now let's have a huge shout: I am 30! I am going to work hard until October not to freak out about the whole thing, y'know. I am not ashamed about my age, but I have a feeling that I could freak out with the enormity of the whole thing. Slap me over the head if I do. I mean, there are people all over the world who don't even make it to 30... who don't have clean water... who are starving... who live in room with 23 other people and their goats... and on and on.

Learn to talk British!

Rubber: eraser
Ceilidh: Scottish line dancing; can be used as a noun or verb

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I threw myself a party at 25 and at 50. Don't wait for anyone to do it, throw one for yourself. It's a grand feeling to attain the ripe age of 30! Can't wait till 75--owahoo!!

Monday 20 March 2006 at 22:42:00 GMT  
Blogger Autumn said...

Forget 75 -- what's wrong with 57?

Monday 20 March 2006 at 22:53:00 GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to keep the 25 year cycle going. Nothing wrong with celebrating every year either.

Tuesday 21 March 2006 at 23:00:00 GMT  
Blogger Zandra Towns said...

I'm glad you are embracing the whole count down until you die thing.

Sunday 26 March 2006 at 16:40:00 BST  
Blogger Autumn said...

Who? Me or Amah?

Sunday 26 March 2006 at 20:20:00 BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home