Sunday, April 16, 2006

What am I doing here?

Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same...

I'm a bit tiddly. I apologise if things sound a bit funny. Tonight was the night of the team bonding session. It was lovely, though small. I got tiddly, as I don't drink very much. I'm at the point that I've had enough to drink to feel giddy and not sick. Good, I think. V pleasant.

Maybe you shouldn't ever come for a visit. I'm just saying this cos life here in Edinburgh is too much like England. Posh Edinburgh (and most are posh) peeps sound too much like English. You get nae chat from them, as it's been said. After our bonding session, we met one girl's boyfriend and friends at the pub. Their from Glasgow and properly Scottish. Not only do they have chat, but they like me. English (not really northern English) and posh Edinburgh don't, really. You'll meet many a Weegie that's been to the States -- more places than me. I've been taught many new words to add to 'British word of the week'. Sadly, I don't think I'll remember most of them and I think most are words that either mean 'to get drunk' or are sexual.

The Boy spent most of his day going back and forth from work and sanding the floor in the kitchen. I helped, honest. I did most of the prep work, removing nails and staples. I also did most of the initial edging. He did the real work, though, cos he's a man, baby. I don't think he was pleased about my night out, but v gracious, nonetheless.

I also took the dogs to the vet. Here are some pictures from our walk to the bus -- I'll show you later cos I can't be bothered to download them. I also rode home LISTENING TO MUSIC ON MY PHONE! I didnae think it would happen, but thanks to Roof'a, I bluetoothed. Currently listening to Keane, Everybody's Changing -- so melancholy and appropriate for a little drunk like me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tell all your frenz that the reason we no do electric kettles is that gas is cheaper. oops, what did i say? i mean, gas WAS cheaper. trust me, i'm thinking already of getting a hot shot for next winter. (way better than kettle...only problem is that it does one cuppa time whereas sometimes i like to make a pot.) my roommie uses a french press for her tea, so there steed malbranque's frenz.

also tell your frenz that we drink plenty o tea, just more kinds than tea-tea, i.e. black w/ milk and sugar. we into tea. we have our teavanas and all. we have our mate (mah-teh) and our boba tea and all. we the tea pimps. boo-ya.

Monday 17 April 2006 at 03:28:00 BST  
Blogger Autumn said...

Naw... we's Americans are not into tea. You's forget you's real, real multicultural and so are your lot.

Monday 17 April 2006 at 13:33:00 BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no man, retract that statement. we may not do the milk tea and all, but we do the tea in urban america, at least. and suburban america does celestial seasonings with the same gusto. and we in da southf do sweet tea, which is more than yalz can say. check out my latest craving at www.numitea.com... see their blooming teas... ROCKNROLL!

Saturday 22 April 2006 at 23:03:00 BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home