Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Perhaps things going my way?

I saw my boss earlier today ask for three weeks off next session -- a session is what they call the school year here. At least he didn't laugh at me in my face, then point to the door and tell me to "Get te steppin'!" Oh, wait, that's Martin Lawrence.


powered by ODEO

Ah, good times.

My parents are renewing their wedding vows in November, the day they got married. Unfortunately, the day they got married was a school day. Probably not 30 years ago, but it is this year. Me and my brother in particular, who is an assistant principal (aka, depute headteacher), are having problems with the date. I know what my amah would say: "You don't have to come." She's an unsentimental one, isn't she?

I'm keen to go because I haven't been to Hawaii in 6 years. Boy has never visited and I really wanted to take him around, tour the islands, do all the touristy stuff cos we'll probably never get another chance to go back. Plus, conversion rates are good and getting better. Soon enough, it will be $2 = £1. Shit for anyone thinking of visiting me, but gold to us going to the US for a holiday.

Still, I need to be realistic. He's just stalling me to be nice, not wanting to say no straight out -- the British don't do that very well. Plus, if I go to Hawaii, we won't be able to make the trip to Barcelona and France that I was hoping to make this summer. I've been here going on three years and I've only been to Rome. Really pathetic.

Anyway, I should know in a few days.

And, by the way, for the those beating down my door to know (read: no-one), Leeds lost their match 3-0. Still stuck in Triple A (the Championship) for another year. I hope that's not going to foreshadow my result for the Hawaii trip.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least the act was completed--you asked. Now the wait will probably be numbing. Eeeks!!

Leeds probably needs another year to strengthen up.

P.S. While I'm still stuck in email land, good to see you've struck out to new technology, as evidenced by your earlier entry.

Tuesday 23 May 2006 at 23:26:00 BST  
Blogger Zandra Towns said...

I hope you two an come to Hawaii. I really hope bill can come but we just don't know yet and probably won't know until few months before the big shindig. sorry about Leeds they will do betternext year.

Friday 26 May 2006 at 05:06:00 BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home