Friday, January 12, 2007

My illness

NB: I was going to call this blog 'My OCD', but I thought it might be degrading to people who really do struggle with obsessive-compulsive disorder; plus the illness is a good double entendre. Never worry, my State-side friends, about me losing any of my American political correctness...

Happy January folks. How've ya been? Me? In what's looks like it might turn into an annual occurrance, just afflicted with a stomach flu. I had this last year for the very first time -- actually, I had it three times. The Scottish are filthy, filthy buggers. Anyway, like last year, it has given me plenty of time to look for a new mobile phone.

As some of you may remember, it was just a mere year ago when me and Boy decided end our needlessly Luddite ways and get mobile phones. You might also remember that it was nearly six months ago when I lost the phone. I think at the time I equated with losing an arm. Or even a loved one. Okay, extreme, but you have to go with your feelings and, I guess, that's what I was feeling. I'm still in mourning for the damn thing. You're my best phone!

Now my contract is up and I've decided to cash in on this service, as I can get either an upgrade from my current provider or a new provider. I have easily spent the past eight hours online, researching. I can't spend more than ten minutes trying to write a story or a blog, but yes, I will spend hours looking at the same websites again and again, reading reviews of phones, searching the provider sites for information. To be completely honest, I cannot help but do this. I cannot stop myself. Yes, my life is not in any way pear-shaped.

And what conclusion have a come to? Well, I will probably move to T-Mobile. Unless some says that they're shit. Then I'll just stay with my current provider and try and get an upgrade. I'll definitely get the Sony Ericsson K800i. Or the W810i. Or the M600. Or the W950i. See, I have it all sewn up.

4 Comments:

Blogger Zandra Towns said...

I have T-Mobile and I'm happy with my sevice. bill and I have the 1000 minutes family share plan and we use at the most half on the minutes. I'm goin to down grade soon. Bill and I just aren't big phone talkers. Well, not big talkers at all.
Sorry you have the flu again. You need to ... sorry ... you should carry around hand sanitizer. You are a shcool teacher. you guys are always getting sick because of the kiddies. Now those are the "filthy, filthy buggers". love you

Friday 12 January 2007 at 22:33:00 GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah hah! I do the SAME THING -- I comparison shop online for hours!!! It's a compulsion.

I got a really bad cold over New Years. I visited my sister, and she had just recovered from a stomach bug. Then her husband came down with the same bug while I was there. And the 3 year old kept sitting on my lap and coughing and sneezing on me.

So of course I got home and came down with -- you guess it! -- the stomach bug. I was *so sick* for 24 hours! After that was over, the coughing and sneezing began. It lasted a week -- I think I went through three full boxes of kleenex.

Feel better, chyckie! Drink lots of fluids and don't let anyone sit on your lap and cough in your face.
Blakely

Sunday 14 January 2007 at 17:10:00 GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't realize you'd started up on your blog. I love the phone Z got your Dad and I, it's Motorola.

Got into a tiff with Aunt Lani who felt I was compromising their identities by placing her and Uncle Todd's names on my pictures and on the memento Darlene prepared for Grandma Lau's funeral. Looks like she'll not talk to me for another year or so. I told her I wouldn't ever place their faces or names on anything I ever did from now on, but she kept saying I'd already compromised her. She's gottne really paranoid about identity theft. I know one should be careful, but she's taken it way too far.

I sent the books and hopefully you'll get them in two weeks or so.

Tuesday 23 January 2007 at 21:11:00 GMT  
Blogger Autumn said...

Well, she's gonna be really pissed off with you for mentioning her and her husband in my blog, then.

Tuesday 13 February 2007 at 23:45:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home