Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Abbreviations

Last night, I was IMing a friend. When I typed 'LOL', she asked what it meant. In the end, it was established and I think she might have known it, though lol rather than LOL.

Anyway, there are some UK abbreviations that still get me. Like TBC. It's their version of TBA (To Be Announced). But I'm not sure what the C in TBC stands for. Called? Completed? I dunno, but I much prefer TBA.

And there's ONO, which is their OBO (Or Better Offer). Maybe the N is for Negotiated. 'Nother? Or 'Nother Offer? A little too ghetto...

2 Comments:

Blogger svetlana said...

or 'nother offer... LOL. you're so ghetto. and then PMT instead of PMS... MOT...NHS...

Thursday 23 February 2006 at 13:53:00 GMT  
Blogger Autumn said...

Yeh, and ST. That's madness. What does MOT stand for anyway? I know it has to do with cars.

Thursday 23 February 2006 at 19:00:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home