Monday, March 20, 2006

3 years on

It's been 3 years since the US (and laterly, its pallies) invaded Iraq. What a depressing day to commemorate.

The funny thing is, the US are still all up in it, which is not what they said they would do. And there's no end in sight, no matter what the fuckers say. I mean, HOW are they going end it? Say it with me people: Vietnam.

The other amusing thing with this anniversary is Dr John Reid's (GB's secretary of defence) declaration that Iraq is NOT in the throes of civil war. Wait, wait, wait, excuse me. Is not when peeps from the same place, culture, what have you, fight each other? I mean, who's zoomin' who here? This whole exercise has been misnamed from the beginning: 'war on terror', 'bringing democracy to the Iraqi people', 'the conflict in Iraq'. But 'civil war' is definitely the term that has been spot-on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zandra Towns said...

Damn straight Siter!! I said it in the begininng of this debacle that we will be in this for at least FIVE years. I had arguements with my coworker about this. But I live in a Red State so no one wanted to listen to reason. They bought the swill GB was pushing and didn't want to hear that it will grow in to a cnacer that will eat away at us and our military.

Sunday 26 March 2006 at 16:54:00 BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home