Thursday, May 25, 2006

Spring

Ah the familiar sounds of spring: the chirping of birds in their nests, the trickle of creeks in shady woods, the phlegmy sniffs of stuffed up noses. Throughout my childhood that sound signaled the start of spring, as my father had the allergies from hell. Anything and everything a person could be allergic to my father appeared to be. Now I'm hearing that mucousy sound again -- from me. Thought they were just sinus drips but after being hit for a third time with headaches, a runny nose and sneezing, I have to accept the envitable.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you've accepted the inevitable.

Going to Atlanta for David's (Aunt Dot's older son) high school graduation. Will drive to Warner Robins tonight, travel with Aunt Gladys and Grandma Minnie to Atlanta tomorrow. Will spend the night with Aunt Dot. Moving over to Sed's on Saturday. Meeting the Gieschens for dinner on Saturday, Erin is suppose to check her schedule to see if she can be there too. Sed may accompany me--he said he didn't have anything planned until Monday. Also after early church on Sunday, will drive to Anniston, AL, to visit former boss (it's a 1-1/2 hour drive and Sed said he'd accompany me for that too). Monday we both will drive to Warner Robins--him to take his mom to a community picnic, me to Grandma's for early dinner then back home by 8 pm.

Dad's working all weekend so I'm soloing this trip.

Thursday 25 May 2006 at 22:44:00 BST  
Blogger Zandra Towns said...

I knew mom would say that!!

Not I, oh no, not I! I will never accept it. I will sniffle and snezze and cough myself horse but I DO NOT have allergies. I dodged that genetic bullet, dammit!

I did!

Friday 26 May 2006 at 05:15:00 BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home