Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Ball of confusion

I'm totally feeling this Temptations song. The serious words hit me when I'm in a pensive mood; the up tempo beat calls to me when I'm feeling good. Today, the words roll about in my head, on and on and on...
    People moving out, people moving in... Run, run, run but you sure can't hide...

    An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth... Rap on brother, rap on...

    Well the only person talking about love thy brother is a preacher and nobody is interested in learning but the teacher

    Segregation, domination, demonstration, integration, aggravation, humiliation, obligation...

    Ball of confusion
    That's what your world is today...

    Round and around and around we go
    Where ever we're standing nobody knows...

    See it in the air
    Tension everywhere...

    Ball of confusion
    That's what your world is today...


This song reminds me of a Boondocks strip I saw a while ago. (Unfortunately, Aaron McGruder's cartoon is increasingly losing its edge and slightly trippin'. Hope he gets his mojo back soon.)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home