Monday, April 23, 2007

Getting my priorities straight

Just in case something major happened and someone tried to ring me at the house, the phone has been down. And internet. It is back up now, but it was down starting on Thursday. Boy noticed that morning. I had managed to log on successfully at 7 AM, but at 8.30, he couldn't. And the phone was down.

This really got Boy's goat; me, I was laying low cos I thought it was all my fault. Maybe I hadn't paid the bill and they cut us off. Plus, you know what time it is people -- end of the month. If our bank account was the petrol tank of a car, then we were riding on fumes. Soon enough, someone was going to have to get out and push the damn car. So I was shutting up and putting up.

But Boy wasn't having it. He was especially indignant about the lack of broadband. In a tone that was more camp than he intended, he shrieked, "You don't care about anything, do you?!" Uh, let's get this straight. This broadband, for fuck's sake. Not starving children in Africa nor dogs getting beaten nor global warming nor even people putting incorrect items in recycling bins. It's just the stupid internet.

And anyway, I had internet service on my mobile.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just for the record, i did't actually say or act the way "girl" has portrayed. i simply pointed out that as "girl" was the only one with a phone that actually worked, she should be the one that called the phone company. the fact that it took several days for this to filter through to her was the cause of any mild annoyance.

Wednesday 25 April 2007 at 08:57:00 BST  
Blogger Autumn said...

Okay, "Anonymous", points made. Still doesn't take away from the fact that you were incredibly funny and that this ain't starving kids. But your notes have been taken.

Sunday 29 April 2007 at 09:40:00 BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home