Thursday, March 01, 2007

Friends

So my friend Turtle is going off for a life-affirming trip to South America for the next two months. Life-affirming or whatever. Anyway, we arranged to meet for coffee before she left. When I look back on it, I think she was trying to blow me off in a lovely middle-England way that Turtle possesses. She sent me this email earlier this evening:
Turtle to me
    ... i really dont think i'll be able to meet you tonight i've got so much stuff to sort for my friends leaving do tomorrow, do you mind?

    i'll ring you for a chat though x
So I replied:
Autumn to Turtle
    Right. I love how you've got to sort things with your friends. What the hell am I? LOL

But as I write, I realise what she's written -- not that Turtle has to sort things out with her friends before she leaves, but that she has to sort out a leaving-do for a friend. So my reply looks all crazy resentful and jealous -- not really my intended response. I think she'll be rescheduling that coffee outing with me very soon, don't you?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been there Autumn! Hopefully, she'll forget after 2 months in South America.
Love, Meghan

Friday 2 March 2007 at 13:28:00 GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home