Monday, March 26, 2007

We havin' church in here

I've been placed on a moratorium from my fave place in Edinburgh, the saleroom. This is because I am obsessed with the place. Me and Nils (formally known as Nile), VBP's boyfriend, have been banned by our other halves, tired of us dragging home shit every Saturday. Nils's weakness is pictures; mine, quirky furniture. For us, the saleroom is a sacred place, a place that we stop in every week, quietly hushed as we look at the treasures.

Anyway, have a look at my last three purchases. Actually, the last one was a prezzie from Boy. It did cost a bit... but then he didn't even get me a birthday present! Somehow, an expensive piece of furniture doesn't compare to the books I got him for his birthday. Actually, the cost might have been the real reason for the moratorium.

That's a prayer chair. When the back bit is lowered, you can kneel on it, resting your arms on the back of the chair. The mirror will go above the mantel in the living room, once I've altered the frame somehow, through painting or decoupage. (I'm decoupage happy!)


Prices (Cos I know you nosey)
Prayer chair: £6 ($11/1400 yen)
Mirror: £18 ($35/4200 yen)
Pew: £200 ($390/46,500 yen)

1 Comments:

Blogger Zandra Towns said...

A PEW!!!! What The Hell are you going to do with a pew. They're hard and not soft! and for 390!!! Boy must love you alot. The mirror is pretty sweet though.

Thursday 29 March 2007 at 20:21:00 BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home