Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sorting myself out

Sorry, again, for the lengthy break. I've been trying to sort my life out, in so many ways. Boy and I are trying to find each other again. It's weird having a modern relationship. We don't like to put demands on each other. We appreciate each person's individuality and their rights. But at the same time where does that leave a person when the other isn't there for them in the way they want?

Have I gone on to you about wanting to do my Master's? Well, I do, probably much to my parents' pleasure. When my eldest brother earned his -- just as he was walking at graduation -- just as he was reaching for the diploma -- the 'rents, particularly Father, turned to me and said, "So when are you getting your Master's?" The answer, dear sire, is very soon, all being well. The thing is, in ten years time, I don't want to be a teacher. As lovely and as noble a profession it is, my heart lies elsewhere: staff development, aka teacher education. Although I'm secure and confident in my practice and I'm already engaging in teacher development, I need credentials to really feel like I can act like the hot shit I really am. (And just in case you weren't sure, that wasn't irony)

I've got a new mobile, finally. It's an updated version of my last one. But this one as a 3.2 megapixel camera and it's 3G. And the provider gives a lot more than what I had. Really, though, it's nearly the same as my last phone. I've got the same ringtone -- "Ching Ching" -- and the same message alert. You might have remembered me cackling over its superb find. It's from the episode of "Chappelle's Show" with Wayne Brady. My message alert is taken straight from the show, with the latter funny-man saying, "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?" It's wrong, but that little bit of Americana gets me through the dreary and dreich Scottish days.

Parents' Evenings were the week before last and I'm still recovering. We were only allocated 8 minutes for each meeting. I can't think of one person that I have that little to say to. A ridiculously minute amount of time, so teachers were naturally running late. This had huge knock-on effects and I left my first day -- the late day, meetings 6-8 PM -- at 9.15. I was dying the next day.

Sorry to always do these recapping blogs when I get behind. The ideal thing to do would be to blog a little bit each day. I just can't! I'm prolix, people! I'm verbose and talkative. I'm a yammerer and bletherer. I haver and go on. I can try this crazy "little bit everyday" thing, but I won't be successful. Truth is, I miss you. And I miss talking to you very much.


My current...
Book I'm reading: A million little pieces -- just to see what all the hype was about. Plus, I got it for 50p in a car boot sale. It's shit. Even if I had read it thinking it was a memoir, I would have thought it was shit. Cos it is.
Nemesis: Fiona
Project: Using decoupage to recover the tops of a nest of three tables that look pretty shabby. I'm using images from National Geographic magazines as my cut-outs. I scored a major coup by picking up nearly 200 NGs today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home