Friday, April 21, 2006

How did I let it get this way?

I love your eyebrows. We'll call them Frida and Kahlo. If Brooke Shields married Groucho Marx their child would have your eyebrows!
-- The Princess Diaries

Left school today having to deal with first things first --

KILLER EYEBROWS FROM HELL

Looks like I'm trying to grow a second eyebrow under the first. My eyebrows are as bad as MiJa's.

Can't find my tweezers cos of the madness of the house and waxing can be a nightmare. It's hard to find a place here that can deal with whacked out Black-Hawaiian-Chinese brows. The first place I went was utterly forgettable. The second I went to here was the spa in the Balmoral. The Balmoral is the poshest hotel in the city -- Beyoncé stayed there in 2003 when she performed at the MTV Europe Music Awards. I don't have visions of grandeur (much). They were the only place that would see me without an appointment. While I waited, I sat in the "Relaxation Room" (Oooooo!) and the treatment girl was really nice and chatty. But the place didn't have change and I had to give her a fiver for a tip. It wasn't all that and I realised that less than a week later when my pet eyebrows grew back, more ferocious than ever. "Is that all you's got?" they snarled.

Thankfully, found a new place that's good, but no appointment for today. New tweezers were bought on Princes Street and managed not to buy any clothes! And all the new spring stuff is out too! Will get to work on them shortly, but they will take time. I'll probably need a break between brows.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i say you go for the natural look...just clean up the sides as they grow in and let them hawaiian brows show! but if you really must get them done, you should try looking for either a chinese or indian salon that does threading. much quicker thorough, and painless, my frenz tell me.

Saturday 22 April 2006 at 23:00:00 BST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Explain threading. Looks like my brows, thought you were going to let them be all they can be.

Monday 24 April 2006 at 22:24:00 BST  
Blogger Autumn said...

Threading: take a piece of string, loop it along all the hairs you want to take you, tug when desired.

Tuesday 25 April 2006 at 07:25:00 BST  

Post a Comment

<< Home